Global Climate Strike Writing Contest [Closed]
On the occasion of #GlobalClimateStrike (September 20-27), I thought we could have a platform where we gather our thoughts on the Climate Crisis. I am having an informal #ClimateStrike Writing Contest on my blog http://www.earthlynotes.com
Topic: What does climate change mean to you, and what is the most important thing needed to combat it?
Word Limit: 150 words
Eligibility: An individual above 18 years of age, currently residing in India (or atleast with an Indian postal address).
Contest starts on: 20 September 2019, 11pm (Indian Standard Time)
Deadline to send entries: 24 September 2019, 11pm (Indian Standard Time) [Con
Email your entries to: earthlynotes[at]gmail.com
Interesting entries will receive an ECO HAMPER!
NO PURCHASE / PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST OR WIN. THIS IS PURELY A NON-COMMERCIAL AND INFORMAL EVENT.
Note: A jury will select the interesting entry/ entries. The organiser will not share postal addresses and phone numbers of entrants on this blog or social media platforms.
Rules for the Contest
- The submission should address the topic mentioned above.
- Each participant may submit only one work.
- There should be no text boxes, pictures, figures or tables in the document.
- Do not use defamatory, abusive or foul language.
- The work may be submitted in any of the following formats: .doc .docx .odt .rtf .pdf OR may be pasted on the body of the email.
- Exceeding 150 words would lead to disqualification.
- Language used could be English or Hindi.
- Add the following details in the body of the email:
Full Postal Address:
Social Media profile/s (if any):
- Add this line in the email: I have read the terms and conditions here: https://theearthlynotes.wordpress.com/2019/09/20/climatestrike-writing-contest/ and I agree to it.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the contest, I (the entrant) agree to the following:
- I am above 18 years of age, residing in India currently.
- The submitted work is entirely mine and I will take full responsibility in case there are any disputes over this at a later date.
- This is purely an informal and non-commercial contest, to promote awareness about climate change. So I will participate in the same spirit.
- By participating, I grant the Organiser permission to use my name and submission for publicity purposes on social media/ blogs without any payments. I give permission to the organiser to “tag” me on her upcoming and future posts, on social media platforms.
- If a potential “interesting entry” cannot be reached by Organiser within thirty days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, or if the hamper is returned as un-deliverable, that potential entrant shall forfeit the prize.
- The Organiser reserves her right to change, curtail or discontinue the contest without notice.
- Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant’s identity and address).
- I am aware that failure to adhere to the rules will lead to my disqualification from the contest.
Looking forward to your participation!
Education and Awareness #climateaction #climatechangeisreal #globalwarming climatechange ClimateStrike conservation contest earth earthlynotes earthonfire environmentaleducation fightforearth globalclimatestrike naturewriting planetearth savetheplanet sustainability weekendcontest writingcontest writingforenvironment
Earthly Notes View All →
My name is Adithi Muralidhar. I am a nature enthusiast based in Mumbai, India.
1 Comment Leave a comment ›